LeighFisher, a global transportation management consulting firm (a subsidiary of Jacobs), is seeking highly motivated individuals to work in its aviation division, business and finance practice based in the United States. LeighFisher looks for outstanding candidates with strong academic credentials, a passion for numbers and problem-solving and a desire to work as part of a team on cutting-edge projects for our aviation clients. For more information on LeighFisher, please visit our website at http://www.leighfisher.com.
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
The business and finance practice provides a wide range of services to airport management clients. Successful candidates will support our consultants through industry research, financial modeling, benchmarking, forecasting, analyzing scenarios and alternatives, and preparing reports and presentations for stakeholders. This is a unique opportunity to gain industry expertise, support complex aviation projects, work in a fast-pasted environment, and develop airport financial management skills through interaction with our clients and members of LeighFisher’s management consulting team.
Specific responsibilities could include:
- Leading technical studies and analyses related to economics and forecasting, Passenger Facility Charge (PFC) applications, and Airport Improvement Program (AIP) programs.
- Developing complex financial models using excel spreadsheets for, revenue bond feasibility studies; evaluation of public-private-partnership (P3) transactions; calculation of rates and charges for, or negotiations with, airlines, rental car, or other airport tenants; non-aeronautical revenue and commercial development, and Benefit Cost Analysis (BCAs).
- Management studies, development and analysis of policy alternatives, development of communication materials, support on stakeholder engagement efforts, and development of project and initiative based execution strategies.
- Delivering consistent, dependable service and high quality work products, and continually develop industry knowledge and client contacts and supervise junior consultants and analysts.
- Assist in business development opportunities and support LeighFisher initiatives (e.g., industry research, focus pieces and conference materials).
- May involve 10-25% travel to client sites, with additional travel as roles and responsibilities increase.
In summary, we are seeking self-motivated individuals with:
- An excellent academic record with an undergraduate degree in one or more of the following fields: accounting; aviation; banking; business consulting; economics; finance; marketing; mathematics, actuarial, operations research, or statistics; public policy; or a related field.
- A graduate degree or 3-10 years of experience in the field of airport, airline, public, or transportation finance, business advisory services, consulting, client-facing positions or airport management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to read, interpret and draft complex legal or regulatory documents such as bond documents, leases, or FAA/DOT policy ; able to present results of complex analyses in an understandable format.
- Advanced Excel modeling skills including the development of financial models to provide sound analytical advice; demonstrated experience using Microsoft Word and PowerPoint is also required.
- Superb analytical, qualitative and strategic thinking and decision making capabilities.
- Collaborative and team-oriented as well as highly resourceful and self-directed.
Location: Opportunities are available in Burlingame, California (San Francisco Bay Area) and Cincinnati, Ohio offices. Other locations may be considered depending on candidate’s credentials.
LeighFisher offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to work side-by-side with recognized industry-leading professionals, all looking to create a firm without limits to creativity and professional growth. LeighFisher is an equal opportunity employer—all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting their resume and cover letter. EOE/MFHV