We are recruiting for an experienced Airfield Ground Lighting (AGL) and special systems lead to be a key part of our well established Aviation Team. You will be based at our centrally located Croydon office, close to excellent transport links.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We offer you the opportunity to work alongside talented people who work in a collaborative environment on a global platform.
Your main responsibility for this role will be to lead, coordinate and supervise the design of the electrical works in the airfield projects, with a special focus on AGL and covering other airport special systems.
Some of the key responsibilities & attributes:
- Develop and produce AGL designs for airports from visual operations to CAT III systems
- Design of approach lighting systems with AFLS, considering requirements of elevation, frangibility, light plane maximum slopes, etc.
- Electrical design of AGL substations
- Coordination for installation of special systems
- Coordinate design across multiple disciplines including coordination with civil works for duct and pits, installation of deep / shallow bases, electrical engineers, ICT data connection, etc.
- Produce and update adequate specifications for AGL and electrical systems works.
- Develop feasible, logical and efficient work phasing proposals to carry out the construction works.
- Lead electrical works design and design reviews covering all stages of design and line management duties and leading a team of Engineers
- Engage and manage subconsultants and manufacturers for AGL and electrical designs
- Elaborate Tender Documents and support clients during procurement processes for Airfield electrical works
- Prepare methodologies, design proposals, resources estimation, etc. for preparation of bids
- Line management duties and leading a team of Engineers
We offer an excellent package including our flexible benefits scheme covering holidays, pension, healthcare, life assurance, childcare vouchers, cycle to work and many more. If you have the skills above for this role and would like to join our Aviation team further, we would be interested to hear from you.