Space Applications Services is a company based in the Brussels area (BE) that provides products and services for the space sector in many areas from Avionics, Robotics, Human Exploration, Science and Earth Observation.
The successful candidate will cover both Product Assurance and Safety domains of expertise.
The position is in the Product Assurance & Safety (PA&S) Department based in our main office at Sint-Stevens-Woluwe (Brussels Area).
The PA&S Engineer will mainly report to the PA&S Department Manager and will interact with the other Department & Project Managers.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Product Assurance:
- Establishing the PA requirements baseline & producing the required PA documentation for assigned projects
- Guiding and monitoring the application and procurement of EEE parts, Materials and Processes (M&P) and controlling implementation of applicable requirements
- Reviewing customer and supplier documentation for compliance with the assigned projects PA requirements
- Representing PA in progress meetings, Change Control Board meetings and project reviews at all levels
- Supporting the NCR/SPR process and Risk Management activities
- Assisting to the control of the MAIT processes performed in laboratory and cleanroom (in particular routine inspection of Flight Hardware)
- Performing routine inspection tasks typically on EEE parts, PCB, harness, connectors and mechanical systems.
- Establishing the Safety requirements baseline for assigned projects
- Preparing Safety Analyses, Flight Safety Data Packages, Flight Safety Certificates, Maintenance Safety Assessments and Hazard Reports per SSP 30599, SSP 51700 and SSP 50021 ISS Standards
- Participating in the Safety Review Boards with ESA, NASA and others
- Ensuring the satisfactory close-out of the safety verifications identified in Hazard Reports.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Master’s Degree in engineering or scientific field with at least 3 years of experience in Product Assurance and/or Safety
- Demonstrated/practical experience with:
- PA within a quality system certified to EN9100
- Configuration Management
- Working in laboratory and cleanroom environment.
The following experience would be considered as an asset:
- The ECSS standards, in particular the ECSS-Q series
- Human Space Flight, in particular the ISS environment for scientific payloads and space flight hardware development.
The successful candidate will have the following skills
- A proactive approach, with initiative and ability to work independently
- Ability to:
- Synthesise, summarise and draw conclusions
- Adhere to strict standards of confidentiality
- Work in distributed international teams
- Strength to cope with schedules and deadlines
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English.
What Do We Offer?
- Working in a growing company with Staff located in Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands
- A professional, pleasant atmosphere with motivated and passionate Staff, where autonomy and initiatives are encouraged
- An interesting remuneration package with a relocation allowance, if applicable
- A full-time position with an indefinite contract of employment.
How To Apply?
Apply by sending your CV and Motivation Letter (both in English) via our website (www.spaceapplications.com), to the attention of Mr. Michel Ilzkovitz.
Applications received through the "Careers" page of our website are reviewed in priority.
The candidate shall be eligible to work in the European Union or in possession of a European Blue Card for two or more years.
Due to the award of new contracts, we are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.