Space Applications Services is a company based in the Brussels area (BE) that provides products and services for the space sector in many areas from Avionics, Robotics, Human Exploration, Science and Earth Observation.
The successful candidate will be based in our main office at Sint-Stevens-Woluwe (Brussels Area). The position is in the Systems Department, Control and Data Centres (CDC) Team (comprises of 8 persons).
The candidate will mainly report to the CDC Team Lead.
The ICE Cubes control centre offers unique continuous access to experiments on-board the International Space Station (ISS). The security aspect of the service, especially in terms of cyber security, is of high priority.
A number of characteristics increase the criticality of the service:
- The payloads on-board the ISS are considered as high value targets
- The ISS is manned and crew safety shall not be jeopardised
- The investigators connect both to the ICMCC and to their experiments on-board the ISS using Internet protocols, carrying the related cyber security risks.
The initial assignment is the management of the cyber security and maintenance of the ICE Cubes ground segment, as well as the participation to the definition and test of the new cyber security 7Shield framework.
Tasks and Responsibilities
As a security officer of the ICE Cubes Ground Mission Control Centre, the successful candidate will:
- Maintain the security management plan of the ICE Cubes ground segment and ensure its implementation
- Support yearly security audit of the European Space Agency
- Support the ICE Cubes ground segment daily operations and maintenance
- Support the design and implementation of new Space Applications Services ground segments
- Lead the uses cases and requirements definition of the new cyber security framework (7Shield)
- Participate to field tests of the 7Shield framework.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Master Degree in Computer Science (or relevant) with at least 5 years of hands-on experience
- Excellent knowledge of Linux systems as a user and administrator
- Hands-on experience in IT security systems such as:
- Network security (IP networks, Firewalls, iptables, routing, VPN)
- PKI, Encryption, KMS
- LDAP, Radius, OpenVPN
- Excellent scripting skills (bash, python)
The following will be considered as an asset:
- Industry-recognised qualifications, e.g. CEH, CISM, CompTIA Security+, CISSP, GSEC
- Experience with: FullStack Development, Python, Django, Java, software development lifecycle.
The successful candidate will have the following skills
- A proactive approach, with initiative and ability to work independently
- Ability to:
- Understand business requirements and translate these into technical requirements
- Synthesise, summarise and draw conclusions
- Adhere to strict standards of confidentiality
- Work in distributed international teams
- Strength to cope with schedules and deadlines
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English.
What Do We Offer?
- Working in a growing company with Staff located in Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands
- A professional, pleasant atmosphere with motivated and passionate Staff, where autonomy and initiatives are encouraged
- An interesting remuneration package with a relocation allowance, if applicable
- A full time position with an indefinite contract of employment.
How To Apply?
Please apply to this Job Advert by sending your CV and Motivation Letter (both in English) via our website (www.spaceapplications.com), to the attention of Ms. Laura Der-Boghossian.
Applications received through the Career page of our website are reviewed in priority.
The candidate shall be eligible to work in the European Union or in possession of a European Blue Card for two or more years.
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.