Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
Serco are currently recruiting an experienced and highly motivated Aerodrome/ Tower Air Traffic Control Officer (ATCO) to be part of a great team based at DXB in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. If successful, you will be responsible for providing Air Traffic Control Services (ATC) to aircraft operating within the OMDB Control Zone and OMDB International Airport. The successful applicant will enjoy the amazing lifestyle opportunities which living in Dubai, United Arab Emirates affords
- Be able to attain and maintain a certificate of competence for Aerodrome control services at OMDB International Airport.
- Be able to attain and maintain a GCAA Class 3 ATC Medical Certificate.
- Maintain an awareness and be able to comply with all requirements relating to their ATC License and Medical Certificate.
What we are looking for in our candidate:
- Delivers against own Objectives in accordance with Serco’s Governing Principles, follows through and meets personal commitments in an organised and methodical manner.
- Demonstrates Personal Drive by actively working towards ambitious personal goals, demonstrates enthusiasm and energy toward all aspects of work. Shows drive to make a difference to others at work.
- Communicates Effectively through conveying a clear and concise information and ideas that engage others.
- Demonstrates Collaboration by demonstrating a proactive team working and collaboration with others, role modelling the belief that the whole of the team is greater than the sum of individual efforts.
- Adapts to change by maintaining effectiveness when experiencing changes in work responsibilities or environment.
- Assumes Responsibility by effectively manages their time, resources and relationships to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- A validated Aerodrome Rating with a minimum of 5 years total experience exercising this rating
- A minimum of 3 years spent exercising an Aerodrome Rating at a major international airport
- ICAO English Level 4 or above proficiency
- A valid ATC Medical
- In addition to the above, experience within a multi-cultural environment in the Middle East is preferred
Note: Assessments of prior competency will take place in Dubai, United Arab Emirates throughout 2020.
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take Pride in what you do.