A leading London airport requires a Heath & Safety Business Partner to work with the Airside and Baggage business units, ensuring they understand and effectively manage fire, occupational health and safety risks, as well as aviation related safety risks.
What is the position?
- Reporting directly into Director level, this is a senior position within the 25-strong Health and Safety Directorate at a rapidly expanding airport.
- This is a role concerned with strategising and influencing rather than doing the implementation (though the willingness and ability to play a more front-line role will be expected).
- You will work at pace to improve safety standards and culture to reach the ambitions set by the exec team for this airport to become a world leader
- 40 hour working week Monday to Friday.
Am I the right person for the job?
- You will ideally have experience in a H&S Business Partner role in a similarly complex operating environment.
- The candidate sought will need to be a credible and experienced leader; you will have two direct reports and be responsible of managing a variety of stakeholder relationships, both internally and externally.
- You must be genuinely excited about improving the safety culture and making a difference to this globally recognised brand.
- You must have excellent communication skills, able to influence people at all levels within the airport as well as employees from the airlines, ground handlers and service providers you will deal with.
- N.B. You MUST hold a NEBOSH diploma. Please do not apply if you do not meet this requirement.
Why this role?
- You will get to make a real difference to an organisation that matters to millions.
- The influence you will have on senior stakeholders will be immense.
- You will be part of a newly reorganised team with a depth and breadth of experience and an ambitious vision for the airport.
- The position itself is diverse, no two days will be the same and you will get to interact with a massive variety of people.