Discover your opportunities and start working for us as
Package Manager (Steelwork)
Conveying, loading, palletising, packaging, sortation and distribution – BEUMER Group is a leader in the engineering and manufacturing of high-tech intralogistic systems for global markets. Our employees differentiate themselves by their ability to provide innovative solutions to our customers that incorporates a high-level of industry knowledge and a strong commitment to consistently and continuously expand their skills and knowledge. We fully support these high standards through a supportive teamwork structure, a mutual respect, and a working culture based on trust that fosters stability and security for all of our employees. Our common goal is to implement outstanding and innovative projects worldwide.
Explore new paths with us
- Collaboratively manage the delivery of the Steelwork package for Manchester Airport Phase 1 TP project within the project limits; monitoring the performance of the steelwork subcontractor and external design consultants.
- Support adherence to health and safety standards across the supply chain through the exhibition of exemplar behavioural standards to ensure successful delivery of agreed project outcomes whilst acting in line with mandatory and delegated responsibilities.
- Monitoring progress and providing regular updates to the Construction Manager and when required, the project Senior Leadership Team
- Assessing schedules and providing necessary assistance to the Construction Manager for approving schedules
- Assessing Compensation Events and supporting the project Manager in providing timely responses.
- Provide all necessary information to the Senior Construction Manager for issuing early warning.
- Drive performance and efficiencies on site through innovation
- Provide on-site technical advice to the Construction Manager
- Identifying and escalating to the Project Manager any potential technical and commercial risks on site.
- In conjunction with the Construction Manager ensure inspection and test plans are completed and works have been constructed to the correct specification.
Find new ways to use your talents
- HND in Engineering or equivalent
- Awareness of BIM in construction
- Evidence of a detailed understanding of steelwork design and managing their implementation through the construction process in a complex project environment.
- Demonstrable experience and competence of structures construction management within an airports environment
- Experience operating within an integrated team comprised from numerous delivery organisations
- Awareness of the requirements of managing NEC3 contracts to deliver required outcomes and drive efficient delivery through risk reduction.
- Strong communication skills for liaising with a wide range of stake holders, delivery partners and internal clients.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills for monitoring project plans and schedules
- Resilience and problem-solving skills to overcome unexpected challenges during the construction process
- Awareness of health and safety procedures and legislation to ensure clients duties are undertaken
- Commercial awareness to manage the budget effectively and commercial reporting
Would you like to play a committed part in our successful family business?
Then please apply online. We look forward to welcoming you!